POSITION: Yard/ Asset Manager
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Area Manager / Operations Manager
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Director – Operations
POSITION PURPOSE: Manager yard facility and coordinate asset movement.
- Coordinates with Area personnel for the purpose of providing service and equipment to clients and other facilities
- Supply accurate and complete field service related transfer documents.
- Responsible for generating and tracking Material Transfers and Material Transfer Logs.
- Monitors mail, inventories, and shipments to ensure the accurate tracking of assets.
- Comply with all HSEQ regulations with a specific emphasis on proper storage and maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Assist in the design and development of facilities and equipment to best maintain the facility operations.
- Monitor and maintain assigned inventory programs and/or projects for the purpose of maintaining conformity to all administrative, state, and federal requirements.
- Provide maintenance and daily inspections to forklifts and other equipment used in the facility and received from the field.
- Provide maintenance and housekeeping at the facility to ensure a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Perform other functions, activities, or duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to speak fluent English in writing and speaking. Bilingual a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to operate and maintain forklifts and equipment typical of warehouse and field operations.
- Ability to maintain small equipment specifically hydraulics, generators etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Experience with operation of general packaging equipment and warehouse equipment, forklift certification preferred.
- Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have clean driving record and be able to pass background investigation.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year warehouse/manufacturing/construction experience with average experience of 3+ years.
- Licensure and/or experience in the operation of fork lifts and other general construction equipment as necessary will be required.
- Commercial driver license class A is a plus