POSITION: Project Engineer
GROUP: Technical Services
PHYSICAL DUTY CLASSIFICATION: Light
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director Technical Services
REVIEWING SUPERVISOR: Sr. VP Operations & COO
POSITION PURPOSE: Provide engineering support of Sidewinders current drilling rig fleet and new rig build program.
- Provide engineering support for company operations through the Technical Service Department.
- Create and maintaining records for all engineering projects.
- Travel to rig to verify field dimensions to create detail drawings for modifications to existing rigs, and create drawings showing equipment locations.
- Conduct structural analysis using SAFI and hand calculations to verify rig modifications.
- Work with OEM’s to oversee equipment installation and scheduling.
- Write engineering procedures based on API and other appropriate standards.
- Work with OEMs to oversee Sidewinder’s interest for designing and building new rigs including visiting OEM facilities and attending equipment FAT’s and design reviews.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner in accordance with Sidewinder’s operating and safe practice procedures.
- Applicant will have a BS / Professional Engineering certification from an accredited university preferable in Mechanical Engineering.
- 1 to 5 years of experience in the oilfield around drilling equipment. 2+ years of experience a plus.
- Experience using AutoCAD. Experience in Inventor a plus.
- Knowledge of API and other industry regulations a plus.
- Experience in using a structural analysis or FEA programs a plus.
- Travel inside the Continental US as needed.
- Ability to work unsupervised in an office and field environment.
- Team oriented with the ability to work with office and field personnel.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects at one time and display initiative.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of Company information.
- Computer skills to perform communication, duties as required (Word, Excel, Project, & PowerPoint).